Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Patrick's Day in Kansas City


After getting in some practice Guinness the night before at O'Dooley's, in the morning, I zipped an hour East to KC to meet up with my buddy Chasmo to go check out the big ass Kansas City St. Patrick's Day Parade. And let me tell you ... this was the biggest craziest parade I have ever seen. Every single Irish clan had their own float, and some of the floats were HUGE!


After about an hour and a half we headed down to the trendy Westport area and whadda ya know, a massive beer gardens broke out!


I saw someone wearing a Canadian Olympic jacket, but after talking to them, found out she wasn't Canadian, but knew someone from Calgary (booo!).

Chas and I then grabbed some BBQ and went to another Irish pub nearer to Overland Park (south of KC). Now there was some crazy fun band playing and the bar was packed. It was one nutty night!

No comments: