Friday, March 23, 2007

A Thursday - Go Jayhawks!

Wow. I thought Oiler fever 11 months ago was hot. The folks in Topechka were at the local sports bars well over an hour before tip-off. Luckily my fellow co-worker arrived earlier to get us a table. Now consider this.... yours truly currently leads the officepool in the NCAA b-ball tourney.

You see, I've been a North Carolina Tarheels fan since 1982 when Michael Jordan shot that classic hoop to win the title with teammate James Worthy and legendary coach, Dean Smith (who I found out was from Topeka itself! That's really good trivia to know to make sure you don't get your ass kicked when you say you like the Tarheels. Trust me.)

Update: I ended up 3rd in the office pool due to UNC being knocked out in the Elite 8 by Georgetown.

No comments: