Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You can always pull me through

Listen to this song now! (Seriously click on that link to listen to the whole thing while you read this) --> "Pull Me Through" by Jim Cuddy of the veteran Canadian band Blue Rodeo

Simply put, it's one of my favourites and I'd like to dedicate it to all the people in my life--for their continued support, my dear parents, my sister, my grandma, my aunties and uncles, cousins, my friends and bros in Edmonton and British Columbia, and to all the awesome people I've met and worked with in Kansas who've made the last 7 months in Topeka feel like home, and an amazing experience I'll never forget.

Here's how some grade 8 students in Saskatchewan interpreted this beautiful, perfect song:
Dear Jim Cuddy,

Mr. Cuddy my name is Shelby and I'm in grade eight. I think you're a talented songwriter and your words speak for the misplaced voice in all of us. Your lyrics (*see below) relate to everybody's life in some way also your new album is astonishing...
Now run out and buy Jim's amazing album.

There's nothing like driving through the Northeast Kansas country-side, sun shining, with the top down on a white Mustang convertible listening to this CD in its entirety.
*
I hope you're traveling well now
And there's stars over your head
And I hope the river carries you
Everywhere you said
God Bless Kansas. Home on the range. And on August 1st, we're not in Kansas anymore.

No comments: