Monday, October 29, 2007

Washington, DC?

Over the weekend I've been pondering the pros and cons of accepting a non-mandatory 1 year contract in Washington, DC.

Ironically, the week before, I had purchased a book on Washington, DC called "Solomon's Builders", written by my Masonic brother from Indianapolis, WBro. Christopher Hodapp.

I've put out e-feelers to my American friends and discussed it with my friends here in Edmonton. I've researched the web on what it's like to really live there. It doesn't look good. Crime bad. Housing bad. People? Diverse, but not overly friendly or fun.

For three months, maybe. But a year? I'm going to have to pass.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit, but live?

I also get the feeling that our partner company (which will remain nameless on this blog) asked many of their resources and they turned it down as well. Why would they ask a Canadian from so far away? Hmm.

Speaking of capital cities, I realize I haven't updated this blog to post my photos and videos of the Parliament buildings in Ottawa from a month ago and a couple shots of Cleveland. I'll get to that soon.

Boston might still be a possibility for a couple short term stints. We'll see how the contract pans out.

No comments: